CALL FOR VEKAM RESEARCH AWARDS
Deadline for application: 20 April 2023
Koç University Vehbi Koç Ankara Studies Research Center (VEKAM), has issued a call for research awards in order to contribute to scientific studies that investigate Ankara and its environs in any disciplines and
areas without restrictions;
- The social, institutional and economic history,
- Cultural, social, geographical and environmental characteristics,
- Historical, cultural, literal, artistic and urban development,
- Tangible and intangible cultural heritage,
- Diplomatic, cultural and economic relations with other cities and countries in history.
- Urban issues related to historical processes and practices in the field of law, medicine and education,
- Urban government and rural areas, development, growth, sustainability, tourism, natural resources, demographic and climate change issues.
Within the framework of the awards, 3 research projects will be provided financial support up to TRY 30,000.
- Applicant(s) must have at least a bachelor’s degree.
- The research award covers the studies that will be newly started and/or the studies that have started and are continuing and that are aimed to be completed at the end of two years at the latest from the date of commencement.
- Documentation, inventory, listing, digitization, etc. studies are out of the scope of this award application.
- The study/project prepared within the scope of the application can be a Master’s or PhD thesis.
- Applications can be made in either Turkish or English.
- Previously awarded project coordinators can apply again as project coordinators only after 5 years, however, researchers, experts, etc. can take part in the assignments.